Welcome to Fairview's long-term care home
Our accredited 84‑bed home offers an exceptional selection of recreation, activation and restorative care programs that support the mind, body and spirit. Our goal is to create a home where every resident feels safe and comfortable.
When you arrive, our staff will meet with you and your family to develop your plan of care and update that plan annually or sooner, if need be. Family members are encouraged to join the voluntary Family Council and the Family Support Group for families of residents experiencing dementia.
Care for body, mind and spirit
As a resident of the Fairview Seniors Community, you have full use of the Seniors Active Living Centre located on Campus at 515 Langs Drive.
Once you add personal touches to your room and settle in, invite your family and friends to join you for dinner in the Centre Dining Room. There are lovely spots for visits – the Quiet Room on the first floor, the Family Room on the second floor and the Living Rooms in each wing – or relax in fresh air in our courtyard garden by the pond.
Enjoy the same delicious meals we offer to our retirement living residents. Experience the fellowship of our interdenominational worship or take comfort from our Spiritual care.
Family and friends are welcome to join you at our highly anticipated special events. The Craft Sale, Strawberry Social, Summer BBQ and monthly birthday parties are especially popular.
Safe and secure
To ensure the health, safety and security of our residents, team members include:
- Friendly qualified staff
- 24-hour physician on-call
- 24-hour registered nursing services
- Access to occupational therapy
- Environmental services
- 21-bed secure unit with a secure outdoor area (courtyard garden)
Additional amenities include:
- On-site warm salt water pool therapy
- Horticulture therapy
- Sensory stimulation programs
- Reminiscing program
- Crafts program
- Reading program
- Pet visits from the community
- Pet therapy visits from St. John’s certified animals
- Music therapy with a Registered Music Therapist
- Social and special events – many opportunities for family involvement
- Community outings (restaurants, theatre, casino, shopping, museums, scenic drives) with our own accessible bus
- Baking program
- Community involvement opportunities
- Opportunities for volunteer interactions
- Evening and weekend programming as scheduled
In March 2021, the Ontario government announced that Fairview Mennonite Homes has been allocated 108 new spaces as well as approval to renovate its existing long-term care home. When the project is complete, the three-storey home will more than double in size, with 192 beds on its vibrant campus continuum of care.
Where to begin
Contact us directly for availability and pricing.
Tours of the home are held on most Wednesday afternoons and are available at other times by appointment. Please call our Reception desk at 519.653.5719 to arrange your tour.
Admission to Fairview is through Home and Community Care Support Services, Waterloo Wellington.
If you have an urgent concern and/or complaint about Fairview Mennonite Home, the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care’s ACTION Line is: 1 866 434 0144.
You are also welcome to call Fairview directly at 519.653.5719.