Fairview Mennonite Home is an 84-bed Long Term Care Home accredited by CARF Canada.
Fairview LTC Features:
- 21-bed secure unit with a secure outdoor area (courtyard garden).
- Recreation, activation, restorative care programs.
- Interdenominational worship and pastoral care.
- An active Resident/ Family Council which meets regularly.
- A Family Support Group for families of residents with dementia. This support group also meets regularly.
To take a Virtual Tour:
Services and events provided at Fairview Long-Term Care include:
- Restorative Care – personal care, meals, exercise/ ambulation
- Intergenerational visits
- Horticulture therapy
- Sensory stimulation programs
- Reminiscing program
- Crafts program
- Reading program
- Pool therapy – on-site
- Spiritually based programs
- Monthly birthday party
- Pet visits from the community
- Pet therapy visits – St. John’s certified animals
- Music therapy with a Registered Music Therapist
- Social and special events – many opportunities for family involvement
- Community outings (restaurants, theatre, casino, shopping, museums, scenic drives)
- Baking program
- Community involvement opportunities
- Active Resident Council and Family Council
- Many opportunities for volunteer interactions
- Family support group offered for those who have residents with dementia
- Seasonal Events
- Evening and weekend programming as scheduled
- Physiotherapy services
- Contracted services include Occupational Therapy
Admission to Fairview Home is through Community Care Access Centre, a provincial agency with offices in every region of Ontario.
Tours are the Long-Term Care Home are held on most Wednesday afternoons and are available at other times by appointment. Please call our Reception desk (519 653-5719) to arrange your tour of LTC.