At Fairview, we seek to nurture the mind, body and spirit of residents through a culture of kindness, building ‘a community for all’. Our values of faith, trust, accountability and innovation are embedded in everything we do, helping us to continue to build on our strong foundation and reputation for providing exemplary, values-based and faith-based care has made us the home of choice for Cambridge and area residents.
Director of Care – Retirement Home and Community, Fairview Mennonite Home, Cambridge
We are looking for a new member to join our leadership team in a critical role.
If you are …
- An experienced nurse (RPN or RN) who is motivated and energized by meaningful work in senior living
- A positive, forward-thinking leader
- Admired for your ability to foster strong relationships with staff, residents, families, community members and volunteers
- Are defined by words like self-starter, innovator, organized, knowledge sharer, change manager, focused, implementor, and approachable
- Able to implement best practices and train your team in a dynamic, growing and changing campus of care
- Looking to be part of a charitable, non-profit, faith-based organization that will value and invest in you and your career …
We’d like to talk to you!
The successful candidate for Director of Care will:
- Be an RPN or RN in good standing with the College of Nurses
- Have knowledge and experience working in Long Term Care or Retirement senior living
- Have a working knowledge of the Retirement Home Act and its requirements for compliance or dedicated willingness to learn.
- Be experienced using electronic software such as Point Click Care, Microsoft Office, Clinical Connect etc…for communicating, charting and care planning for residents is preferable.
- Demonstrate empathy, cultural sensitivity and understanding of the needs of seniors, and ideally, have experience working with residents living in the community and in retirement.
- Preferably, be bilingual in both official languages
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Care is responsible for the delivery of Care and Services to the residents of Fairview, including:
- Respecting the values and faith-based commitment of Fairview, develop, implement, oversee and improve policies, procedures and standards for nursing care, ensuring resident needs and expectations are met; co-develop with staff / residents / relatives where possible
- Ensure legislative regulations and standards are met by establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality and risk management system for the nursing department and staff
- Work with staff to create ongoing career and education development plans; advance and support the kindness initiative, and support a positive working environment, aligned with Fairview’s strategy of ‘building a community for all’
- Ensure all internal decision support and external provincial reporting requirements are met
- Establish and promote open communication and information sharing, between the resident care teams, resident and family, consistent with confidentiality requirements
- Stay abreast of advances and innovations in gerontology; be the ‘go-to’ resource for leading practices in resident care; strategically promote best practices to ensure residents enjoy their best possible experience at Fairview
- Manage multiple priorities and the complex care needs of residents;
- Comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and ensure compliance with the organization’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
Start date: May 1st, 2019
If you require accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process, per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, please speak with the hiring contact. Fairview Mennonite Community will be pleased to support you.
Fairview Seniors Community is a charitable, non-profit, faith-based, accredited (CARF 2018) organization comprised of 214 independent living apartments and condominiums, 46 retirement residential suites with assisted living services and an 84 A beds long-term care home.
We regularly accept resumes for the following positions:
- Dietary (Cook, Food Service Worker)
- Housekeeping & Laundry
- Program Department (Program Aide)
- Nursing (RN, RPN, PSW, PSW P/T)
- Fairview Retirement Suites (RPN, PSW, PSW P/T)
Please forward resumes for these positions to firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure that your resume is successfully submitted, please put your cover letter, resume and any other information into ONE document and have a unique file name such as yourname.doc. We can accept resumes in the following formats .doc, .docx or pdf files.
While we appreciate receiving all resumes, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Other resumes will be kept on file and considered for future opportunities for a six month period.
Fairview Seniors Community respects, appreciates and encourages diversity. Applicants from all qualified individuals are encouraged. Accommodations will be provided in all aspects of the recruitment process. Applicants just need to make their needs known in advance.
If you require accommodation or a document in an alternative format or if you are unable to access our website, please submit your request to email@example.com.